All services are paid for by auto pay with 3, 6, or 12 month committment options. You can also purchase drop-ins for all of our services (private and group) online through your MINDBODY account or the App. We also customize packages for those who travel, or need additional options.
No. You only pay for the services you choose to use, such as Personal Training/Pilates Sessions or Classes.
Yes. Many of our clients enjoy the benefits from the combination of private Personal Training/Pilates sessions and group classes. You can schedule Personal Training/Pilates sessions with a trainer and complement those sessions with Yoga/Core/Strength classes.
Private Personal Training and Pilates Equipment sessions.
Semi-Private Personal Training and Pilates Equipment classes.
Group Classes- Core, Strength Training, and Yoga Classes.
Yes, if you plan to attend in person we require that you to sign up ahead online throught the MINDBODY app or website. This reserves your place in a class.
If you plan to attend virtuallly through Zoom, then you do not need to sign up ahead of time.
You are welcome to come to any class, either as a drop-in client or a regular weekly client. Some classes are limited in size based on equipment available or studio size so sign up for those is required.
- STRENGTH TRAINING: We offer 5 weekly strength classes held on T/Th.
- CORE: We offer one Core class each week on Sat morning.
- YOGA: We offer 6-8 yoga classes weekly, depending on the season.
- SEMI-PRIVATE PILATES: We offer Pilates Equipment (2-4) classes at various times Mon-Sat.
Yes! Our class training plan which allows you to attend ALL of our group fitness classes.
Our Yoga/Core/Strength classes range from 3-8 clients, depending on the class. Our Pilates Equipment Classes on the Reformers are 2-4 clients.
We focus on small class sizes and pride ourselves in phenomenal customer service and personal attention to help you get the results you are looking for!
At the Grand Ave location, enter the Studio East door closest to Polk Blvd. Your massage therapist will meet you in the lobby. The massage rooms are in the hallway just past the lobby.
Both of the massage therapists schedule appointments directly with their clients. If you are interested in booking a massage session, please contact the therapist of your choice by clicking on the Massage Therapy tab on the home page. Their background and contact information is listed on that page.
My MINDBODY Account
Yes. Download MINDBODY Connect for free on your iPhone or Android. Use it to check class schedule, PT or Pilates appoinments, see your visits and more! It's a convenient way to stay connected and updated with FITNESS By Design when you are away from your computer.
- Go to www.FitnessByDesign.com and click on the green MINDBODY online button in the menu bar at the top.
- Go to the right hand side and enter your first and last name. Your account is already created if you have been in the studio at least once.
- Log in with your username (email adddress) and password.
- You have the option to enter your Credit Card info in the billing section. If you prefer, we will process this for your services and send a receipt or you can purchase services yourself. Payment by check is also accepted.
- To purchase classes or training sessions, click on the PURCHASE SERVICES tab at the top. You can also click on the various tabs at the top to view class schedule, manage your account, see your visits, etc.
Parking & Directions
Our Des Moines studio faces Grand Avenue and the Art Center. However, our parking lot entrance is one block north of Grand, off of Ingersoll Ave. Take Polk Blvd to the 4-way stop intersection at Ingersoll Ave. Go left (west) and take an immediate left into the long driveway south of Ingersoll. Park in the lot and take the stairs down to Grand Ave level and enter either Studio West or East doors on your left.
There is 1 location on Grand Avenue in Des Moines across from the Des Moines Art Center.
Our Grand Ave location offers:
FITNESS: Personal Training and Pilates Equipment work, as well as Strength Training, Core, and Yoga classes.
MASSAGE: There are also two massage therapists at that location.
BEMER: We have a BEMER studio and offer sessions, rentals for home use, and purchase options. In the community, we host two Open House events each month.