Private/Duet Personal Training and Pilates Equipment sessions.
Pilates Mat, Strength Training, and Yoga Classes.
Private/Duet Pilates Equipment sessions.
Group Pilates classes and Total Barre classes.
No. You only pay for the services you choose to use, such as Personal Training/Pilates Sessions, Classes or Massage.
You can pre-purchase all of our services (private and group) online through your MINDBODY account or the App. If you do not pre-purchase, then we process your CC at the end of each month. An email receipt is sent when CC is processed. Payment by check is also accepted.
Our Yoga, Pilates Mat and Strength classes at the Grand Avenue location range from 3-10 clients, depending on the class. Our Total Barre classes at the EP True location range from 3-8 clients and our Group Pilates Classes on the Reformers range from 2-6 clients.
We focus on small class sizes and pride ourselves in phenomenal customer service and personal attention.
GRAND AVE-- We have an Unlimited Class Pass which allows you to attend ALL of our group fitness classes. The cost is $150/month and includes Strength Training, Pilates Mat, and Yoga classes at our Grand location and Total Barre at our EP True location.
EP TRUE PKWY-- We also have an Unlimited Contract, which allows you to come to all the Group Pilates classes and Total Barre classes at our EP True location. The cost is $300/month and is a 3-month Auto Pay.
GRAND AVE LOCATION-- No, you do not need to sign up ahead to come to any classes at our Grand Avenue location.You are welcome to come to any class, either as a drop-in client or a regular weekly client.
- STRENGTH TRAINING: We offer 5 weekly strength classes held on T/Th. No need to let us know ahead of time--just show up! Packages of 8 or 16 classes are available for purchase. Drop-ins welcome at any time or purchase the Unlimited Class Pass.
- PILATES MAT: We offer two Mat classes each week on Tues evening and Sat morning. If you have no prior Pilates experience, we ask that you complete a one time assessment to learn the 5 Basic Pilates Principles before attending a Mat class. Packages of 6, 8 or 10 classes are available for purchase. Drop-ins welcome at any time or purchase the Unlimited Class Pass.
- YOGA: We offer 4-8 yoga classes weekly, depending on the season. You can register for classes by purchasing a series, drop-in, or Unlimited Class Pass.
EP TRU PKWY-- Yes, if you plan to come to any classes at our EP True location, you can sign up for class via the MINDBODY link on our homepage of the website or through the MINDBODY app.
- TOTAL BARRE: We offer class on Fridays at 1215pm. You can register for classes by purchasing a drop-in, package of 10, or Unlimited Class Pass.
- GROUP PILATES: We offer Group Pilates classes Mon-Sat. If you have no prior Pilates experience, we ask that you attend three Intro private sessions to learn the basics of the Reformer, before attending a group class. Purchase a drop-in class or a package of Ten classes.
Yes. Many of our clients enjoy the benefits from the combination of private Personal Training/Pilates sessions and group classes. You can schedule Personal Training/Pilates sessions with a trainer and complement those sessions with Yoga, Pilates, Total Barre, and Strength Training classes.
Both of the massage therapists schedule appointments directly with their clients. If you are interested in booking a massage session, please contact the therapist of your choice by clicking on the Massage Therapy tab on the home page. Their background and contact information is listed on that page.
At the Grand Ave location, enter the Studio East door closest to Polk Blvd. Your massage therapist will meet you in the lobby. The massage rooms are in the hallway just past the lobby.
My MINDBODY Account
Yes. Download MINDBODY Connect for free on your iPhone or Android. Use it to check class schedule, PT or Pilates appoinments, see your visits and more! It's a convenient way to stay connected and updated with FITNESS By Design when you are away from your computer.
- Go to www.FitnessByDesign.com and click on the green MINDBODY online button in the menu bar at the top.
- Go to the right hand side and enter your first and last name. Your account is already created if you have been in the studio at least once.
- Log in with your username (email adddress) and password.
- You have the option to enter your Credit Card info in the billing section. If you prefer, we will process this for your services and send a receipt or you can purchase services yourself. Payment by check is also accepted.
- To purchase classes or training sessions, click on the PURCHASE SERVICES tab at the top. You can also click on the various tabs at the top to view class schedule, manage your account, see your visits, etc.
Parking & Directions
There are 2 locations. One on Grand Avenue in Des Moines across from the Des Moines Art Center, and a second on EP True Pkwy near 50th Street in West Des Moines.
The Grand location offers Personal Training and Pilates Equipment work, as well as Strength Training, Pilates Mat, and Yoga classes. There are also two massage therapists at that location.
The EP True location offers Private/Duet Pilates Equipment work, as well as Group Pilates classes and Total Barre classes.
Our Des Moines studio faces Grand Avenue and the Art Center. However, our parking lot entrance is one block north of Grand, off of Ingersoll Ave. Take Polk Blvd to the 4-way stop intersection at Ingersoll Ave. Go left (west) and take an immediate left into the long driveway south of Ingersoll. Park in the lot and take the stairs down to Grand Ave level and enter either Studio West or East doors on your left.
Our West Des Moines studio faces EP True Pkwy and is next door to ACE Hardware. Parking is right in front of the studio.