What is health coaching?
Health coaching is a process that facilitates healthy, sustainable behavior change by challenging a client to listen to their inner wisdom, identify their values, and transform their goals into action.
-Specific goal setting; behavior change
-Help better manage chronic medical conditions
-Help those with food allergies navigate everyday living
-Develop strategies for stress management
-Make better eating choices
What do health and wellness coaches do?
Health and wellness coaches partner with clients seeking to enhance their well-being through self-directed, lasting changes, aligned with their values. In the course of their work, coaches display an unconditional positive regard for their clients and believe in their capacity for change, honoring the fact that each client is an expert on their own life, while
ensuring that all interactions are respectful and nonjudgmental (NBHWC definition).
Work with a health & wellness coach:
1. To reach a specific health goal you’d like to achieve
2. To build stress resilience and regulate your nervous system
3. To optimize lifestyle habits for a healthy brain - learn and implement dementia prevention practices.
4. For guidance & resources to:
• enhance sleep
• transition to a whole food eating plan
• learn & practice mindfulness & meditation practices
• manage chronic health conditions
• increase daily activity/movement
• increase energy and stamina
5. Accountability - celebrate successes and encourage progress